May 22 2016
Thoroughly clean* all reused collection equipment and containers (new tubing,
fittings, etc. should not need cleaning), and wear gloves whenever needed to
prevent sample contamination throughout the collection and filtration procedure.
Before connecting the sampling unit to the tap, thoroughly flush stagnant water
and debris in the sample line until the temperature and turbidity stabilize
(approx. 2-3 mins).
Complete the sample collection form including utility and
sample ID information, date, turbidity, pH and temperature.
1. Determine sample line water pressure at the location described to the State
2. Connect assembled sampling unit, without capsule/foam filter, to sample tap
3. Flush the sampling unit for 2-3 minutes and test for leaks
1. Fill 30+ L carboy from a pressurized sample tap or manually collect the sample
using hose, pump, funnel, etc. from the location described to the State
2. Chill the full carboy to between 1° and 10°C if filtration is not performed
immediately after filling the carboy
3. Assemble sampling unit, without capsule/foam filter, and insert influent tube
into the center of the carboy
4. Turn on pump to flush the sampling unit for 2-3 minutes and test for leaks
* Refer to the cleaning procedure located on the Packing and Shipping panel
of this pocket guide