Wear gloves whenever needed to prevent sample contamination throughout the collection procedure.
Complete the sample collection form including utility and sample ID information, date and time, etc.
1. Water taps used for sampling should be free of aerators, hose attachments, etc.
2. Prior to sample collection, thoroughly flush stagnant water and debris in the sample line until the temperature and turbidity stabilize (approx, 2-3 mins):
DO NOT rinse the sample bottle
3. Record the turbidity, pH, and temperature
4. Aseptically fill the sterile E. coli sample bottle from a pressurized sample tap or manually collect sample using,hose, pump, funnel, etc, from the location described to the State
5. Leave at least one inch of head space in the E. coli sample bottle, if possible. Collect at least 100 ml of sample for analysis
6. Immediately close the sample bottle
7. Chill sample as soon as possible to between 0″ and 10’C until ready for immediate shipment